Saturday, October 16, 2010

Harmless Addiction Number 1 and 1a

I've come to the realization that I am addicted to Facebook. Fortunately, I know I'm not the only person to ever say, write, or think that. I consider it a harmless addiction because I am not on Facebook all of the time. So far, I frequent the site late at night. An addiction within this addiction is game-playing in Facebook. Yes, I am a frequent-farmer of such games as Farm Town (my all-time favorite), FarmVille, Island Paradise, My Vineyard, Island Life, CountryLife, and CountryLife lite (my 2nd/3rd favorites). I also play some of the non-farming games: Treasure Isle, FrontierVille, and Cafe World (Dang, that Zynga!).

The only problem I have with this addiction is that I'm not engaging in other hobbies: TV watching (which is a good thing, right?) and reading. Okay, I love to read, so when game-playing takes precedence over that, I know I have a problem. On Sunday nights, I plant long-growth crops in as many games as I can so that I don't spend every single night of the week playing these games. This way I can make time for other tasks: housecleaning, grading, lesson-planning, and yes, reading and watching a little television.

I feel so much better now that I've gotten that out of my head. I'd love to write more, but I have some farming to do . . . er, I mean reading . . . lol!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment