Sunday, June 5, 2011

Crafting

     I love doing arts and crafts, but often I don't make the time to engage in this particular activity. My latest endeavor is to turn my downstairs bathroom into a butterfly room. I have already started on this project. I started by buying wall decals from amazon.com and applying them to the sink and counter. I have even put some of the butterfly decals on the sloping ceiling above the back wall.


   



      I was at Target the other day, and I saw a beautiful metal butterflies wall hanging. Naturally, I bought it. It now hangs in my bathroom. Previous owners of my humble abode left small nails in various places, and rather than removing them, I'm going to make butterflies from various materials and hang them from those nails.


     Currently, I'm copying and pasting butterfly images from the Internet onto PowerPoint slides. Later, I will print those slides and use them as templates. Some of the images are photographs, and some are butterfly templates (all from Google images).
     I bought a package of 6x9" foam sheets and a few squares of fabric (in myriad colors and designs). I also bought a butterfly magnet kit that contains 5 different sizes of butterflies - for template use. The kit contains a paint set, so when I'm done using them for tracing purposes, I'll be painting them and putting them on my fridge.
     Hopefully, I'll be able to post some photos of the finished project. I do already have some pictures of the bathroom butterflies (see above). Perhaps, I will take pictures of the work in progress and post those, as well.
     I moved recently, and I now have the opportunity and space to work on crafts. I'm still, however, unpacking and organizing (a seemingly endless task), but I'm pretty sure I can "craft" in the reading room or the living room. I'll know for sure once all boxes are unpacked.
      I love the wall decals. I have a flowering tree decal on my wall above my computer desk. I put fish decals on the tub walls, sink, and counter in the master bathroom. I do have other fish-themed items that I can hang in that bathroom, but they are still boxed.


 [For this picture, I had to turn it upside-down and then upload it to this page. I have no idea why this particular picture appeared upside-down during the first attempt of uploading it. The picture that shows the sloping ceiling and wall first came out sideways (from right to left). I had to make a copy of the photo and rotate it so that it was sideways (from left to right) and then upload it so that it appeared right side up. Go figure. Why didn't I have problems with the others?]

     Right now, most of my time is spent getting the boxes unpacked. I will try to sneak in a little crafting time - maybe as unpacking breaks. Hmmm . . . That's an idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment